Sunday, April 7, 2013

Disney California Adventures Tweet Game

Over spring break I was lucky enough to make a trip down to California with my best friend. More than anything the two of us wanted to go to Disneyland while we were there. Yes, I'm 21. And yes, I had a blast. Disneyland is more fun when you're older, at least I think so. I was terrified of rides when I was younger and cried when my mom forced me to go on Splash Mountain. This time I was anxious for the ride and I even sat in the front... and got completely soaked. Anyway, while we were there I tweeted a picture of the picture taken of my friend and I while on the ride California Screamin' with the hashtag #californiaadventures


Within seconds I had a response from @DCAtoday. "Looks like it was a screamin' great time!". At first I had no idea what DCA today was. Once I checked it out I realized they were the official in-park Twitter of Disney's California Adventures park. I thought it was cool that they had a Twitter that was constantly in use. It came in handy when I asked them if the two and a half hour wait for the new Cars ride was worth it. Of course they said it was. And they were right, so fun. Also, after we got home that night we remembered that the big letters in between the two parks that spelled CALIFORNIA weren't there anymore. So, I took to twitter and asked where they went. DCA tweeted me a link with the full story. (They were donated to a new park in LA, in case you were wondering).

I'm so intrigued by the power of social media and I think Disney has completely embraced it. I scrolled through their tweets to see how often they're tweeting and what they're tweeting about. They tweet updated wait times for rides, answer any questions people ask, and pictures of different things going on each day in the park. Each response to peoples questions were within a couple of minutes. Such an easy way to help out visitors.  DCA is on their twitter game!

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool thatg Disney tweet at you so quickly. Its crazy how it only takes seconds for people to caught up with what your are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disney really used their Twitter for good use. Think it is really cool that tweeted three times and recieved a response every time! That is really cool that you were talking with someone and enjoying the park at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Disneyland, so its great to hear a good story about the place I love/Dream about. Its always nice to have a meaningful conversation, even if its with a corporation and organization.

    ReplyDelete